Chocolate Pavlova With Shaved Chocolate And Raspberries
- prep time 20 min
- total time 95 min
- serves 6-8
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp cocoa powderTopping
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup fresh raspberries
¼ cup shaved dark chocolate
¼ cup semi sweet chocolate for drizzleTips
1. Preheat the oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the egg whites and salt on high speed until they hold their shape.
3. Add the sugar gradually until the mixture stands in firm peaks. Add the lemon juice and whisk just to incorporate.
4. Sift the cocoa powder into a small corner of the bowl and lightly fold it into the meringue using a plastic spatula, just to combine.
5. Pour the meringue onto the parchment-lined sheet pan in an oval shape, roughly 8cm by 12 cm and 4cm high. Place into the bottom of the oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Switch off the oven without opening the door and leave the pavlova in the turned-off oven for one hour. Remove and set aside.
7. For the topping, whisk the whipping cream into semi-stiff peaks and spoon on top of the pavlova. Sprinkle with raspberries and the chocolate shavings before serving, and drizzle with chocolate.Topping Tips
1. When mixing meringue make sure your bowl and beaters are completely clean.
2. It is important not to handle the pavlova mixture too much or you will knock out the air and flatten the pavlova.
3. Do not open the oven door during baking to ensure a crisp outside and the gooey inside.
4. Pavlova is easiest to cut and serve with a serrated knife.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site