Christine's Twist on a BLT
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
8 quail eggs
1 pint of mini pear or cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil (45 ml)
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 small brioche rolls
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (30 ml)
2 cups micro greens, washed (500 ml)
8 thin slices of smoked duck
4 tablespoons olive oil (60 ml)
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over moderately high heat. Place the quail eggs in a wire basket or strainer and lower them into the boiling water. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes, then cool them under cool running water. Pat the eggs dry. Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
3. Put tomatoes in a small roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in oven until they have softened, about 30 minutes
4. Cut the tops of the brioche off and set aside for another use. Slice each brioche roll into two ½ inch rounds and put them on a baking sheet. Toast until slightly crispy and golden, about 5 minutes.
5. Place 4 appetizer plates on a work surface. Lay a slice of brioche toast in the centre of each plate. Spread with a little of the mayonnaise. Put some of the greens onto the brioche and spoon on some of the tomatoes. Lay 2 slices of smoked duck on top of the tomatoes and then place a few quail egg halves on top. Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.