Crispy Bacon Cheddar Puff Pinwheels
- prep time15 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4-6
These cheesy, crispy pastry treats are sprinkled with bacon and baked to perfection.Courtesy of Black Diamond.
4 slices bacon, chopped
¼ cup Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 tsp red wine vinegar
½ pkg (225 g) puff pastry
1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp of water (egg wash)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium size sautée pan, cook the bacon until nice and crispy. Discard excess fat (store to dispose of later or keep to use when baking something savoury and bacony) and return the pan to the stovetop.
3. Add in the red wine vinegar and fresh thyme, stir, and remove from heat.
4. On a dry flat surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 10” x 10” square.
5. Spread Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread over the puff pastry leaving 1” from the top of the dough (be gentle, puff pastry can be delicate). Sprinkle the bacon atop and press in slightly.
6. Starting at the end closest to you, roll the dough up over itself into a log.
7. Brush the pastry with the egg wash and then cut into 1” pieces and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is lightly browned.
9. Take out and allow time to cool before devouring.