Crock-Pot Apple-Bacon Pork Chops with Rice, Zucchini and Mushrooms
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
Cooking spray (Pam)
6 6 large pork chops (trimmed)
½ cup cup broth on hand (chicken, vegetable or beef)
1 tablespoon 1 tbsp maple syrup
1 teaspoon 1 tsp cinnamon
2 2 apples
1 ½ cups cups basmati or white rice
3 cups 3 cups water
8 slices 8 slices ready fried bacon from the grocery store
2 cups 2 cups croutons
1 can 1 can unsweetened apple sauce (10 oz or 284 mL)
1 teaspoon 1 tsp olive oil
2 2 small zucchini
5 5 mushrooms
½ teaspoon tsp Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning
1. In the morning… Heat a large fry pan sprayed with cooking spray at med-high.
2. Brown trimmed pork chops on both sides until nicely brown. Place browned pork chops in crock-pot but do not clean fry pan.
3. Combine broth, maple syrup and cinnamon in the unclean fry pan.
4. Stir at high heat until there are no more brown bits on the bottom of the pan (deglazing fry pan).
5. Pour broth mixture over pork chops.
6. Peel and slice apples and layer over chops.
7. Set crock-pot at low heat and cover. When you are just about ready to eat…
8. Pre-heat oven to 375º F.
9. Combine rice and water in a large microwave safe pot with lid.
10. Cover and microwave at high 10 minutes, then medium 10 minutes. Meanwhile…
11. Remove center crock from the crock-pot and layer the following over chops: bacon, croutons, and then apple sauce.
12. Place in hot oven until everything else is ready to serve.
13. Heat oil in the unclean fry pan at med-high.
14. Wash and cut zucchini into chunks and mushrooms into quarters, adding to pan as you cut. Sprinkle with spice.
15. Toss occasionally until zucchini is tender.