1 bone-in lamb leg (5 lb/2.25 kg)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
3 Tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
½ cup (125 mL) pistachios, toasted and chopped
2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
1 onion, sliced
1 leek (white and pale green parts only), chopped
1 heads garlic, top sliced off to expose the cloves
3 sprig rosemary
3 sprig thyme
4 sprig mint
½ cup (125 mL) pitted kalamata olives, crushed
4 cup (1 L) veal stock
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. Rub the lamb all over with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the canola oil in a large roasting pan over high heat. Add the lamb and sear on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush the lamb with the mustard and coat with the pistachios, pressing gently if needed to help the nuts adhere. Drizzle with the honey.
4. Add the onion, leek, garlic, rosemary, thyme, mint, olives, and veal stock to the pan. Cover with a lid or foil. Transfer to the oven and cook for 1½ hours for medium-rare.
5. Slice the lamb and serve with a generous serving of the sauce straight from the pan.