- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
1 egg white
¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small mixing bowl mix the egg white, sugar, ginger, allspice, vanilla and salt until mixed well.
3. Stir in the flour to incorporate.
4. Rest the batter for 30 minutes.
5. On pieces of paper about 2-inches long and 1/2-inch wide, write fortunes to go into the cookies.
6. Line two 11- by 17-inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Making 2 cookies at a time, spoon about 1 tsp. batter into a traced circle on one of the baking sheets.
8. Using a cookie cutter, trace two 2-inch diameter circles onto each piece of parchment, a few inches apart. Flip the parchment over so that the ink cannot have contact with the cookies and spray the parchment with nonstick spray.
9. Spread the batter out to a 2-inch diameter circle with your finger, making sure the batter stays inside the traced circle.
10. Repeat with another 1 tsp. batter in the other traced circle.
11. Put the cookies in the oven and cook 4 minutes.
12. Remove the tray from the oven and immediately remove the cookies with a metal offset spatula.
13. Working quickly, put a fortune on each of the cookies and fold each cookie in half and then into quarters.
14. Cool on a rack.
15. Changing the baking sheets as you go to ensure your starting with a cool sheet each time, continue to make cookies, two at a time, until the batter is finished.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site