Frisee Salad with Crispy Pancetta, Pistachios and Cranberry Vinaigrette
- prep time1 min
- total time 12 min
- serves 8
This salad takes it to another level witht the addition of cranberries for a tart and buttery combination.
½ cup pistachio nuts, shelled
4 oz pancetta, or lean bacon, cut in 1/4-inch thick slices
10 cup baby frisee greens
½ cup dried cranberriesCranberry Vinaigrette
¼ cup cranberries, cocktail
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp finely chopped shallot
2 tsp finely chopped red onion
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
2 Tbsp olive oilPreparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Spread pistachios on baking sheet; toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until fragrant; let cool.
3. Coarsely chop and set aside. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
4. In large skillet cook pancetta for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; transfer to paper towels to drain.
5. Crumble into small pieces.Cranberry Vinaigrette
1. In bowl, whisk together cranberry cocktail, vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper; slowly whisk in oil.
2. Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; whisk before using.Preparation
1. In large salad bowl, toss baby frisée greens with cranberry vinaigrette.
2. Add pistachios and cranberries; toss again.
3. Sprinkle with pancetta.