Gluten-Free Almond Flour Scones with Chocolate Chips
- prep time 0 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 8
2 cup blanched almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
zest of 1 orange or lemon
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Combine the almond flour, chocolate chips and baking soda in a medium bowl, and mix well. Add the orange or lemon zest.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and maple syrup. Add this to the dry ingredients, then mix with a spatula until everything is moistened and combined.
4. Press the dough into a 9" round, greased pan. It should be about a ½" thick.
5. Using a table, knife score the dough into 8 separate triangles — as if dividing a pie.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes (or: until browning). Cool and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site