Gluten-Free Quinoa Waffles with Avocado Espuma and Fennel Marmalade
- serves 9
234 g avocado
5 g saltFennel Marmalade
650 g fennel bulb (about 2 whole fennel), trimmed of tops
3 g whole star anise
920 g white wine vinegar
375 g sugar
2 g citric acid
25 g white wine vinegarQuinoa Waffles
4 cups Nextjen gluten-free flour blend
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ bunch fresh dill, chopped
2 Tbsp baking soda
3 cups buttermilk
2 cups 10% cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place all ingredients in a iSi whip cream dispenser, discharge 1 charge and then add a second charge.
3. Keep cold until ready to use. Use espuma to garnish quinoa waffle dish.Fennel Marmalade
1. Cut the fennel bulbs in half and remove 2/3 of the core. Blanch the fennel in boiling water for 10 minutes and then plunge in ice water immediately.
2. Drain the fennel and dice very small (brunoise).
3. Bring sugar, star anise, vinegar to a boil, add fennel and cook until the mixture has reduced to a syrup consistency, but do not allow to caramelize. Finish with citric acid and white wine vinegar.
4. Chill and serve with on top of quinoa waffle with shaved turkey, bacon, fried egg and avocados espuma.Quinoa Waffles
1. In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
2. Whisk wet ingredients into flour until fully incorporated.
3. Bake waffles as per baker instructions.