Gooey S'mores Squares
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Line 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan with foil, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) overhang for handles; grease foil.
3. Set aside.
4. In food processor, chop crackers into fine crumbs.
5. Add syrup and butter; pulse until moistened.
6. Press into prepared pan; bake for 15 minutes or until edges are raised and firm to the touch.
7. Let cool slightly.
1. Meanwhile, in heatproof bowl set over hot (not boiling) water, melt butter and 3 1/2 ounces (105 g) of the chocolate.
2. Stir until blended; let cool to room temperature.
3. Using electric mixer beat in egg, sugar, milk and vanilla until blended; stir in flour.
4. Pour over crumb layer; bake for 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre of chocolate layer still has moist crumbs clinging to it.
5. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top; broil for 30 seconds or just until very lightly toasted.
6. Let cool completely in pan on rack.
7. Melt remaining chocolate; dip tines of fork into chocolate, then drizzle randomly over marshmallows.
8. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
9. Using foil as handles, transfer to cutting board.
10. Using knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry, cut into squares. (Squares can be stored in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 weeks.)