Great Canadian Caesar Garnishes
- serves 1 - 4
The Caesar is a refreshing and iconic Canadian beverage that you can customize with these fun regional garnishes.
Click here to watch how to make this recipe.
1 lobster tail
1 cup butter
Juice from 1 lemonQuebec Garnish
4 slices Montreal smoked meat
4 tsp Dijon mustardOntario Garnish
1 slice thick bacon
1 quail eggAlberta Garnish
Pickled beansBritish Columbia Garnish
Your favourite BC oyster
1 tsp celery, diced finely
1 tsp Clamato juice
¼ tsp celery salt
2 dashes hot sauce
1. In small pot, melt butter and add juice from one lemon.
2. Poach lobster tail for 5–7 mins until done. If making more than one tail, you can poach the lobster tail in the same pot (one at a time).
3. Allow it to cool before skewering.
4. Mix Caesar drink, garnish with rim trim, lobster tail and lemon twist.Quebec Garnish
1. Cut bagel in half horizontally. Cut each half into quarters.
2. On one quarter, place one slice Montreal smoked meat and 1 tsp Dijon.
3. Top with other half of quarter bagel.
4. Mix Caesar drink, garnish with rim trim, skewer sandwich and serve in drink.Ontario Garnish
1. Cook bacon on low heat to render fat and allow it to get very crisp without burning.
2. Hard-boil a quail egg (approximately 2.5-3 mins). Remove shell from quail egg, cut in half.
3. Mix Caesar drink, garnish with rim trim. Lay bacon across the top of the glass and place half egg on the bacon.Alberta Garnish
1. Mix Caesar drink, garnish with rim trim and jerky and beans.British Columbia Garnish
1. Finely dice celery.
2. Shuck the oyster and top with Clamato, celery salt, hot sauce and diced celery.
3. Mix Caesar drink, garnish with rim trim and balance the oyster across glass.