Grilled Lamb Chops with Summer Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
⅓ cup chopped parsley (about 1/2 bunch)
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
⅓ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon pepper
2 racks of lamb, each cut into 6 chops
1 lemon, squeezed for juice
coarse sea saltSummer Salad
2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
1 bunch asparagus, stringy ends peeled
½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, sliced very thinly and soaked in cold water
olive oilMinted Couscous
1 cup couscous
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup chopped mint
3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
juice and zest of half of a lemon
salt and pepper to tasteTzaziki
2 cups greek or whole milk yogurt, drained (500 ml)
½ medium english cucumber, peeled and grated
1 small glove garlic, finely minced
handful chopped fresh mint
coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1. To prepare lamb combine garlic, rosemary, parsley, Dijon mustard, olive oil and pepper together in a medium mixing bowl and smear on chops. Cover and let marinate for at least on hour
2. Just before grilling, season lamb generously with coarse sea salt. Grill on high heat, 2-3 minutes on each side, including fat side. Squeeze lemon juice over chops while cooking. Remove from heat and let rest.Summer Salad
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
2. Add asparagus to boiling water; cook until spears are crisp, about a minute. Add zucchini and cook for only one minute.
3. Strain asparagus and zucchini; plunge immediately into ice water or rinse under cold running water.
4. Transfer to medium mixing bowl; add tomatoes, sliced red onion, olive oil and salt to taste. Set aside.Minted Couscous
1. Bring water to boil. Pour over couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Fluff with a fork and stir in mint, almonds, lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.Tzaziki
1. Hang yogurt in sieve or fine mesh strainer over medium bowl. Let stand at least one hour, letting excess liquid drain away.
2. Very lightly salt grated cucumber and let hang in same manner.
3. Combine thickened yogurt, cucumber, garlic and mint in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.