Grilled Turkey Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
- prep time 15 min
- total time 27 min
- serves 6
3 lb. ground turkey
¼ chopped minced green onion
2 tsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp chopped Thai basilSalsa
½ a pineapple cored and cut into ¼ inch cubes
1 red bell pepper cut into ¼ inch dice
2 scallions thinly sliced
2 Tbsp small dice red onion
½ jalapeno pepper minced (optional)
2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro leaves
1 Tbsp fresh limejuiceOther ingredients
Salt and pepper
Oil for brushing
6 soft buns
Garnish suggestion: Lettuce, red onion, and mayonnaise
1. In a medium bowl, mix together all burger ingredients and combine evenly.
2. Using your hands, gently form the burgers into 6 patties about ¾ of an inch. Take care not to handle the meat too much to keep temperature as cold as possible at all times.
3. Drizzle oil on both sides of the patties and season the outside with salt and pepper.
4. Place patties into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set up.
5. Preheat barbeque to medium heat. (350- 375°F) (175C-190°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
6. Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Or until turkey is cooked through and nice char marks are achieved.
7. Remove the turkey burgers from the grill. Cool slightly and serve on buns with pineapple salsa. Garnish with burgers with lettuce, red onion and mayo if desired.Salsa
1. To prepare the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined. Reserve salsa.Other ingredients
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site