Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 yellow peppers, quartered and seeded
2 orange peppers, quartered and seeded
1 red pepper, quartered and seeded
2 zucchinis sliced lengthwise ¼ inch thick
1 red onion cut in wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
5 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
5 ounces oil for brushingAssembly
1. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat (375°F) (190°C). Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
2. Cut up the vegetables into bite sized pieces. Place all cut vegetables in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix to coat all the vegetables evenly.
4. Place the peppers (skin side down), zucchini and onion directly on the grill.
5. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side or until nice golden char marks are achieved. (Please note the onion will take a few minutes longer on each side).
6. Remove vegetables from grill toss with fresh basil.Assembly
1. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat (375°F) (190°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
2. Place the flour tortillas on an oiled tray(s). Lightly oil both sides of the tortillas.
3. Layer the cheese evenly on 6 oiled tortilla shells. Keep a 1-inch boarder around the edges.
4. Top with the vegetable mixture.
5. Top with remaining oiled tortillas (like a sandwich).
6. Place dressed tortillas directly on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is gooey and the tortilla is nice and crispy on one side.
7. Flip quesadillas and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove quesadillas from grill.
9. Let the quesadillas cool slightly and cut into equal triangles like a pizza.
10. Serve with sour cream or guacamole if desired.