Handmade Pizza Dough
- prep time 65 min
- total time 65 min
- serves 4
½ cup water
1 ½ tsp olive oil
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp quick-rising instant dry yeast
½ tsp salt
1. In small saucepan, heat water with oil until at 120 degrees F (50 degrees C).
2. In large bowl combine flour, yeast and salt.
3. With wooden spoon, gradually stir in water mixture until dough forms (you may need to use your hands).
4. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
5. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all over.
6. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
7. On lightly floured surface, shape dough into disc.
8. Roll out into 12-inch (30 cm) circle, letting dough rest, covered, if too elastic to roll.
9. Sprinkle 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan with flour; centre dough on pan.
10. Let rest for 15 minutes.
11. Press all over to form slightly raised rim.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site