Haricots Verts Bundles With Shallot Vinaigrette
- serves 4
1 lb(s) green beans (450 g)
2 shallots, finely minced
⅓ cup sherry vinegar (75 mL)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (25 mL)
1 cup olive oil (250 mL)
2 Tbsp honey (25 mL)
2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped (10 mL)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
bunch fresh chivesVinaigrette
1. Clean the beans and trim stem end.
2. In a double boiler, steam the beans until tender-crisp, 3-5 minutes.
3. Transfer immediately to a large bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking.Vinaigrette
1. In a bowl combine, vinegar and Dijon mustard.
2. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify. Add honey and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
3. Immerse chives in boiling water, let stand 1-2 minutes until pliable.
4. Placed cooked beans on a platter, using chives, tie into bundles of 4-5 beans. Pour dressing over bean bundles.
5. Season with salt.