Iberico Ham with Tomato-Rubbed Cristal Bread
- prep time 130 min
- total time 144 min
300 g water
350 g hard flour
10 g salt
12 g yeast
1. Mix on 1 (slowest speed) for 10 minutes using the paddle attachment on a tabletop mixer.
2. Place in a rectangular cake mould that has been lubricated with olive oil, and allow to rise until very airy – approximately 2 hours.
3. Bake at 245ºC for 12 minutes in a convection oven. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
4. Once the bread has cooled to room temperature, cut a small rectangle about the size of a smart phone. Then slice that piece in half length-wise to get 2 pieces of bread.
5. Lightly toast the 2 pieces of bread and rub with the garlic and tomato.
6. Top with Spanish Iberico ham, Spanish anchovies, Manchego cheese or figs.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site