Ice Cream Celebration Cake
- prep time20 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 24
There’s no better way to celebrate a birthday than with an ice cream cake!
Courtesy of Walmart.
19 Great Value Birthday Party Ice Cream Sandwiches
4 cups (1 L) Great Value Birthday Party Ice Cream
1 ½ (375 mL) Great Value Pure Strawberry Jam
1 pkg Great Value Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix, prepared
1 tubs Great Value Whipped Topping, thawed
fresh strawberries, sliced, to garnish
1. Remove half the ice cream sandwiches from freezer. Arrange in bottom of a 9 x 13” (22 x 33cm) glass baking dish and press into place; 9 ½ sandwiches should fit comfortably. Spread ¾ cup (175 mL) jam over the sandwiches. Return to freezer for 15-20 minutes; at the same time remove the ice cream so it can soften.
2. When soft enough to spread, transfer the ice cream to a bowl and mix gently to soften further. It should still be frozen, but the consistency of soft serve. Spread the softened ice cream over strawberry jam into an even layer. Return to freezer for 15 minutes so the ice cream can firm up.
3. Prepare instant vanilla pudding according to package directions. Beat in half the tub of whipped topping until smooth; set aside.
4. Remove dish from freezer and spread over remaining jam. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches. Evenly spread over the pudding mixture; return to freezer for 1-2 hours or until completely set.
5. Before serving, remove dish from freezer and spread over remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries. If too firm to cut, allow the cake to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.