- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 fresh lasagna sheets
3 cups store bought marinara sauce (750ml)
½ cup whipping cream (125ml)
8 ounces ground chicken (250g)
1 cup meatless ground (250ml)
1 cup ricotta cheese (250ml)
¼ cup grated parmesan (65ml)
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella (375ml)
½ cup chopped mushrooms (125ml)
½ cup grated zucchini (125ml)
½ cup sliced, roasted red peppers (125ml)
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup finely chopped, cooked broccoli (250ml)
1 tablespoon butter (15ml)
1 tablespoon canola oil (15ml)
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon chopped black olives
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, add oil and cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, add butter and cook mushrooms and zucchini. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Combine ricotta and parmesan.
5. Divide tomato sauce into 2 bowls; add cooked chicken to one bowl and meat substitute to the other. Add mushrooms, zucchini and broccoli.
6. Using a fluted pastry cutter, cut lasagna sheets into 2 inch strips. Brush two ends with water and press ends together to create 16 inch strips.
7. Spread 3 tbsp of tomato sauce mixture on the length of noodle strips. Spread ricotta and parmesan cheese mixture on the length of noodle strips. Spread 1 tbsp of spinach at one end and top with red pepper strips on top. Roll up each noodle into a spiral.
8. Spread 1.5 cups of sauce on the bottom of a 8 X 8 baking pan. Place roll-ups on top of sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.Adults':
1. Sprinkle roll-ups with capers and chopped olives after taking out of oven.