Lemon Cream Tart
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
2 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
¾ cup sugar, more to taste
¾ cup lemon juice
⅔ cup 2/3 cup crème fraîche or heavy cream
1 shortbread crust (see recipe)Shortbread pastry
1 cup + 2 tablespoons/150 g flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup butter, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cold water
1. Heat the oven to 325ºF/160ºC. Beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice. Whisk in the cream. Strain into the shell. Skim off any surface foam, and pop any bubbles. Bake until just set, about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.Shortbread pastry
1. Put the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter pieces and pinch with the fingers to create a crumb texture.
2. Make a well in the middle, and pour in the vanilla and water. Quickly work in the flour to create dough. Do not over-mix.
3. Pat into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 15 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough, line the tart shell, chill anothr 15 minutes.
5. To prebake: Heat the oven to 400F/200C. Bake the shell until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.