- serves 0
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 stalks lemongrass, root removed, stalk bruised and cut in half peel of 5 lemonsLemonade
juice of 5 lemons from Lemongrass Simple Syrup recipe
2 cup cold waterGarnish
1 lemon, sliced into rounds for garnish
Reserved lemongrass stalks from Lemongrass Simple Syrup recipeAssembling Lemongrass Lemonade
1. Place water, sugar and lemongrass in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, add lemon peel.
4. Allow flavours to infuse for 15 minutes.
5. Strain simple syrup into a pitcher and cool in refrigerator.Lemonade Garnish Assembling Lemongrass Lemonade
1. Once simple syrup has cooled, add lemon juice and water to pitcher, stir.
2. Pour Lemongrass Lemonade between 4 glasses.
3. Garnish with lemongrass stalks and lemon rounds.