Lemony Poached Pears
- prep time 1 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 4
¼ cup butter
4 Tbsp dark chocolate
3 pinch saffron threads
1 large ginger root, sliced
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup honey
1 pinch cinnamon
water for poaching liquid
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
3 edible flowers
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
2. Peel pears, slice the bottom of each pear so that it can stand up straight. Remove core from the bottom of each pear.
3. Bring saffron, water, ginger, lemon, sugar and honey to a boil. Add pears, and make sure there is enough water to cover them. Turn heat down to a simmer.
4. Poach until pears are soft all the way through, remove from poaching liquid.
5. Garnish pears with yogurt, chocolate sauce and and edible flowers.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site