1 live lobster (about 1 1/4 lb), boiled and meat removed
2 Tbsp salted butter
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning (or your favourite seafood seasoning)
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups aged white Cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups elbow macaroni noodles
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
1. Finely chop the lobster meat and place it in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a simmer, continuing to whisk until it has thickened. Sprinkle with the nutmeg, seafood seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until it has melted and the sauce is smooth.
4. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 6 to 7 minutes, or until it is al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan. Stir in the cheese mixture and add the lobster meat. Mix thoroughly.
5. Transfer the pasta and sauce to an 8- x 12-inch baking dish. Top with the breadcrumbs and remaining 1 cup of of the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and brown. Serve immediately.