Line baking sheet with parchment paper instead of greasing with butter or oil; the paper adds no calories, keeps the cookies from sticking, and obviates the need to clean the baking sheet. Only 117 calories each cookie.
Tbsp whiskey or rum (can be substituted with water)
Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
cup natural unsweetened applesauce
cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
large egg white
tsp pure vanilla extract
cup all-purpose flour
tsp baking soda
cup oats (not instant)
1. Set the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Sprinkle the whiskey or rum over the raisins in a bowl and let stand while you put the batter together.
3. In a bowl, beat the butter, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through. Beat in the egg and egg white, milk, and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; add to the bowl, and beat just until the flour is absorbed. Gently fold in the oats with a rubber scraper.
5. Use 2 spoons to scoop out the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are set but still soft in the centers, and beginning to brown on the edges, 17 to 20 minutes.