Monterey Jack Potato Bake
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves NULL
8 slices side bacon, coarsely chopped
2 lb. (1 kg) baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch (12 mm) slices
1 large onion, chopped
3/10 cup (75 mL) diced green pepper
3/10 cup (75 mL) diced sweet red pepper
salt and pepper
175 g Black Diamond Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1. In large frypan cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 1 Tbsp (15 mL) drippings.
2. Cut potato slices into 1/2-inch (12 mm) cubes.
3. Combine bacon, potatoes, onion, green and red pepper and reserved bacon drippings in 2-quart (2L) shallow rectangular casserole.
4. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
5. Top with cheese.
6. Cover with foil.
7. Bake at 350°F (180°C) 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
8. Remove foil.
9. Broil until browned and crisp.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site