Morocan Lamb Kabobs, Rice and Spinach Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 – 6 bamboo skewers
1 ½ cups basmati rice
3 cups water
2 pounds (900g) lamb leg, cubed for kabobs
1 large plastic resealable bagMarinade
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons cumin seeds (crush seeds with a rolling pin before adding)
2 teaspoons liquid honey
2 teaspoons water
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon prepared garlic
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegarSpinach Salad
12 ounces (350g) pre-washed baby spinach
6 strawberries, sliced
½ cup croutons (optional)
¼ cup creamy poppy seed dressing
1. Soak skewers in warm water while preparing the meal. (It makes it easier to skewer the meat)
2. Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot or casserole dish.
3. Cover and microwave at high for 10 minutes, then medium for 10 minutes.
4. Toss lamb cubes into a resealable plastic bag.
5. Set oven to broil.
6. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray
7. Skewer lamb onto skewers, leaving a small space between each piece of lamb.
8. Turn lamb cubes as they brown. Cook to preferred doneness.
9. Arrange skewers of lamb on rice beside salad.Marinade
1. Prepare marinade by mixing together the following ingredients:
2. Pepper, coriander, crushed cumin seeds, liquid honey, water, onion powder, paprika, prepared garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
3. Pour marinade into bag with lamb and swoosh together.
4. Let stand in fridge. (If you’re freezing, freeze flat).Spinach Salad
1. Arrange spinach on plates.
2. Arrange strawberries on top of spinach.
3. Add croutons.
4. Drizzle the dressing on salad.