Mushroom Ravioli with Asparagus and Tarragon
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves NULL
2 3/10 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp cool waterFilling
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 Tbsp white wine
2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
½ cup dry breadcurmbs
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepperSauce
1 cup chicken stock
1 ½ cup chopped asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ cup white wine
1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
3 Tbsp cold butter
salt and pepper
grated Parmesan cheese
1. For the pasta, pulse the flour, salt, eggs and water in a food processor until the mixture is crumbly (it will not come together). Turn the crumbs out onto a work surface and bring the dough together, shaping it into 4 small discs. Wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.Filling
1. For the filling, heat the oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan and add the mushrooms, sautéing until tender and all liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and sauté one minute more. Add the wine and cook until it has been absorbed. Scrape this mixture into a food processor, add the parsley, breadcrumbs and Parmesan and puree until finely ground. Season to taste and cool to room temperature.
2. To assemble the ravioli, ready a pasta rolling machine. Roll out a piece of pasta dough (only lightly floured, if necessary) so that it can fit through the roller on the widest setting, and begin rolling out the pasta into long sheets, as thin as setting #5. Once all the pasta is rolled, keep it covered under plastic while filling the ravioli.
3. Place one sheet of pasta dough on a work surface and using a 2-inch cutter (round or square), gently mark the dough so you know where to place the filling. Place a teaspoonful of the cooled mushroom filling in the centre of each marked ravioli. Brush water around the filling, then place a second sheet of pasta overtop the first, using your fingers to secure the 2 sheets of pasta around the filling. Use the reverse or dull side of a smaller cutter to press the pasta tightly together close to the filling, then use the 2-inch cutter to cut out the ravioli. Continue with the remaining 2 sheets of pasta, and any remaining pasta can be re-rolled and filled. Chill (or freeze) the ravioli until ready to cook.Sauce
1. To serve the pasta, bring the stock up to a boil in a large sauté pan. Add the asparagus and cook uncovered for 2 minutes, then spoon out the asparagus to drain and reserve, keeping the stock in the pan. Add the white wine and tarragon to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, to reduce the liquid by a third.
2. In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil and add the ravioli, cooking them until they float to the surface, about 5 minutes. Drain, and add them to the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and add the reserved asparagus. Add the butter, a tablespoon at a time, shaking the pan until each piece melts before adding the next. Serve the ravioli immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site