Orange and Mushroom Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta and Broccoli
- prep time 15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
1 cup 1 cup flour
½ tsp Mrs. Dash Original seasoning
1 pinch Pinch of fresh pepper
Bowl of cold water
6 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (Approx 1 1/2 lb or 675 g)
1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp 1 tsp butter
1 1 shallot
12 12 brown mushrooms
1 can 1 can mushroom soup (10 oz or 284 mL)
½ can of the soup can of chicken broth (approx 5 oz or 150 mL)
½ cup cup orange juice
½ cup cup dry Vermouth (Martini brand) or white wine or broth
1 Tbsp 1 tbsp brown sugar
1 ½ cup cups frozen baby carrots
6 L 6 L water ( approx)
2 heads 2 heads broccoli or 5 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 Tbsp 1 tbsp water
12 oz Bow tie pasta (12 oz or 350 g)
½ tsp tsp olive oil
½ tsp tsp basil
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Combine flour and spice on top of a large piece of waxed paper.
2. Place a bowl of cold water beside the flour.
3. Spray a large nonstick fry pan with cooking spray and heat at med-high.
4. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and as you cut, toss onto flour mixture.
5. Lift sides of waxed paper to coat, transfer into water, remove with a slotted spoon and toss back onto the flour to coat again.
6. Place coated chicken pieces into hot pan. Turn chicken until all pieces are browned.
7. Temporarily transfer the browned chicken onto a plate.
8. Reduce heat to med-low.
9. Add oil and butter to the unclean fry pan.
10. Finely chop shallot adding to pan as you cut.
11. Wash and slice mushrooms adding to pan as you cut. Stir.
12. Add mushroom soup, fill soup can (1/2) halfway with chicken broth and stir in slowly.
13. Add orange juice, vermouth, brown sugar and baby carrots.
14. Return chicken to pan.
15. Simmer until carrots are tender and pasta is ready (approx 15 minutes).
16. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
17. Rinse broccoli in a colander under cold water.
18. . Place in a microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid. Add water and cover.
19. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
20. Place pasta in boiling water, stir and cook uncovered. Set timer for 10 minutes or follow package directions.
21. Rinse the cooked pasta under hot water, return to pot and toss with olive oil and basil.
22. Parmesan is a nice touch on the sauce.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site