Pan Seared Scallops with Leek and Tarragon Creme
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
3 large or 5 small scallops per person
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (25mL)
Salt and pepperLeek and Tarragon Creme
1 Tbsp butter(15 mL)
1 Tbsp olive oil(15mL)
4 shallots, sliced
2 leeks, white part only, sliced
3 clove garlic, minced
1 cup white wine (250 mL)
½ cup 35% cream (125mL)
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (25mL)
1 bunch fresh tarragon
Frisée greens for garnish
¼ cup olive oil (50mL)
Salt and pepper
1. In a large heavy skillet, heat vegetable oil until almost smoking. Season scallops with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Pan sear on each side for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove scallops.Leek and Tarragon Creme
1. In a large heavy skillet, heat vegetable oil until almost smoking. Season scallops with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Pan sear on each side for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove scallops.
2. To the pan, add butter and a dash of olive oil. Sauté shallots and leeks until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add white wine, scraping up any stuck bits. Add cream and cook, reducing liquid to about half. Finish with parmesan and freshly chopped tarragon leaves. Season again with salt and pepper.
4. Lightly toss frisée with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Place greens in center of plate, top with cooked scallops. Drizzle with tarragon crème and garnish with 2 crostini per person.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site