1 large eggplant, very thinly sliced – think Paper!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1- 1½ cups cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Italian Veggie Ground Round
3 cup Tomato sauce
1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
¾ cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
2-2½ cups low fat Mozzarella cheese, grated
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the onions,
garlic and Italian ground round. Sauté until the onions are
translucent and the ground round is cooked through (about 5
minutes or so).
2. In the meantime, baste the eggplant slices with olive oil
and broil until they are brown around the edges and soft in the
center (about 2-3 minutes per side). Remove from oven.
3. Lower the heat to 350°F/180°C
4. Layer the “lasagna” in an ovenproof dish as follows:
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The top will be golden and it will
be bubbling around the edges.
Serve with salad.