Peach Blackberry Pie
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 8
This lattice-top pie is bursting with summer’s finest fruit flavours!
Anna Olson Sugar
2 cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
3 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp lemon juiceFilling
8 peach, peeled and sliced
2 cup blackberries
½ cup sugar
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp lemon zest
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
1 egg, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water, for brushing
2 Tbsp Turbinado sugarTo Assemble
1. Combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until the texture of coarse meal.
2. Mix together water and lemon juice and add to flour. Blend until dough just comes together. Shape dough into a disc and chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F.
4. Divide dough in half.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough to 1/4-inch thick. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry leaving edges overhanging. Chill while preparing filling.Filling
1. Toss peaches and blackberries with sugar, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Spoon fruit into pie pan and dot with butter.
3. Roll out second piece of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a pastry wheel or paring knife, cut 10 strips of dough 3/4 –inch thick.
4. To build the lattice top, place 5 strips side by side on top of the fruit filling, leaving 1/2 inch of space between them.
5. Fold back 3 alternate strips of dough halfway back. Place a center cross strip laying over the 2 flat strips of dough. Return the 3 folded strips to their flat position.
6. Repeat step 5, folding back the 2 alternate strips and repeat process until you have strips woven in.
7. Trim edges of crust, leaving an inch hanging over. Turn bottom crust over edges of strips and crimp together with your fingers or with a fork.
8. Brush pie with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes on a baking sheet (to catch drips) until rich golden brown.To Assemble
1. Serve warm or chilled.