Peanut Sauce (3)
- serves 3
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp vegetable oil (15mL)
2 tsp red curry paste (10 mL)
1 14 oz can coconut milk (not low fat)(400 mL)
1 stalks lemon grass, chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
¼ cup sugar (50mL)
¼ cup lemon juice (50 mL)
2 cup ground peanuts (500mL)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, sauté the crushed garlic in the oil over medium heat until just golden.
2. Add the red curry paste and continue stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk, sugar, and lemon grass. Heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice. Remove the lemon grass.
5. Add the ground peanuts and continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and cool.
7. Serve with shrimp chips.