Plum Chicken with Singapore Noodles and Asparagus
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
Water, boiled in a kettle
10 to 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (800g)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup each of hoisin sauce, V-H plum sauce, soy sauce, peach jam and water
1 teaspoon each of ginger powder, lemon juice and hot chili sauce
1 pound (450g) precooked vermicelli noodles
16 stalks fresh asparagus (340g)
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon liquid honey
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon basil leavesFoil Diffuser
1. Spray large cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Unravel chicken thighs and lay flat on pan.
3. Combine the following in a small bowl in this order; cornstarch, gradually mix in hoisin until cornstarch is smooth. Blend in plum sauce, soy, peach jam, water, ginger, lemon juice and hot chili sauce.
4. Pour evenly over chicken.
5. Place uncovered pan on foil diffuser (see instructions below) in preheated BBQ. Close lid. Set timer for 30 minutes.
6. Rinse noodles in colander. Place in a large heatproof bowl or pot. Cover with boiling water and let stand while preparing asparagus.
7. Place asparagus on a large piece of sprayed foil (shiny side in).
8. Salt lightly and wrap tight. Set aside.
9. Drain noodles in colander.
10. In the uncleaned mixing bowl combine chicken broth, honey, curry and basil.
11. Return noodles to bowl and toss. Set aside.
12. When timer rings, leave chicken in BBQ.
13. Place asparagus on BBQ grill.
14. Set timer for 15 minutes. Turn once.
15. Just before serving microwave noodles at high for 3 minutes or until hot.Foil Diffuser
1. A foil diffuser is made by folding a long piece of heavy foil in half, shiny side out. The edges are crumpled together on all sides. The final size must be larger than the bottom of the pan you are using. When using your BBQ as an oven, the diffuser deflects the direct heat from the burners to prevent scorching the food in the bottom of the pan.