Potato, Pumpkin and Tomato Tagine
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
½ tablespoon coarse salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 ½ tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon toasted ground cinnamon
⅓ cup roughly chopped cilantro
⅓ cup chopped roughly parsley
½ red finger chili, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup water
1 pound fingerling potato, cut into bite-size pieces
1 pound pumpkin, cut into bite-sized chunks
3 tomatoes, choppedAssembly
Olive oil, for drizzling
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic with the 1/2 tbsp. coarse salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon and red chile to a paste.
3. Add the cilantro and parsley, and continue to pound.
4. Mix in the lemon juice, vinegar, 3 tbsp. olive oil and water.Assembly
1. Combine the potatoes, pumpkin, tomatoes and herb sauce in a tagine.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, cover, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
4. Serve with couscous.