- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 quinces, peeled, cored, and cut into eighths
3 tablespoons honey
1 sprig sage
2 cups Moscato (a variety of Italian wine)
8 slices prosciutto, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
3. Add the quince wedges and toss until golden, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the honey, sage and a third of the Moscato.
5. Bring to boil.
6. Cover and put it in the oven.
7. Bake the quince wedges, adding a third of the wine at half hour intervals.
8. Remove the lid and continue baking the quinces 1/2 hour longer (quinces should bake for 1 1/2 hours total).
9. Cool the quince wedges, wrap each in a half slice prosciutto, and skewer with toothpicks.