Quinoa Buckwheat Pancakes
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
2 cups quinoa flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
3 organic free range eggs
2 cups homemade almond or rice milk (or use filtered water)
2 tablespoons organic butter (soft)
1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until firm. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and add nut milk or water and soft butter.
3. Combine quinoa and buckwheat flours with sea salt and baking powder.
4. Slowly add dry mixture to the yolk mixture stirring lightly. Do not over-mix (some lumps are OK). Fold in egg whites, again being careful not to over-mix.
5. On a hot cast iron pan or griddle, ladle desired sized pancakes. Flip when bubbles form on the top and remove from pan a minute or two after flipping.
6. Serve with organic* maple syrup, fresh fruit and yogurt. Enjoy.