Rosti Squares with Bacon and Chives
- prep time 1 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 60
5 baking potato, peeled
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
6 strips bacon
¾ cup sour cream
2 Tbsp chopped green onion
2 Tbsp chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
2. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Drain and let cool.
4. Grate potatoes coarsely into large bowl.
5. Add butter, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
6. Line 15-x10-inch (40 x 25 cm) rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; firmly press mixture evenly into pan.
7. Bake in bottom third of oven for 45 minutes or until golden on top and bottom.
8. Let cool on rack.
9. Meanwhile, in skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
10. Drain on paper towels; let cool. Crumble.
11. In small bowl, stir together sour cream and chopped chives.
12. Cut rösti into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) square pieces; top each with 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sour cream mixture and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site