Sausage and Roasted Tomato Mini Pizza
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 24
4 plum tomatoes, oven roasted
¼ cup olive oil, divided (50mL)
1 tsp kosher salt(5mL)
¼ tsp pepper (1 mL)
¼ tsp rosemary(1 mL)
1 lb. pizza dough (450 g)
1 medium sausage, sweet or hot, cooked and sliced
1 clove garlic, grated on a rasp
2 tsp freshly chopped basil (10 mL)
½ red onion, diced
½ cup shredded cheese such as smoked mozzarella (125 mL)
Cornmeal for sprinkling
1. Slice tomatoes in half. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and rosemary. Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour or until tender and shriveled. Reserve.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C)
3. Lightly coat ball of dough with oil and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let it come to room temperature.
4. In a small bowl mix remaining olive oil with garlic. Set aside.
5. Roughly chop roasted tomatoes. Add basil and set aside.
6. Stretch dough to a 25 to 30-cm (10 to12-inch) diameter circle.
7. Using a cookie cutter cut 3-inch (7cm) circles and place on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
8. Brush each round with the garlic oil mixture. Top with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chopped tomatoes, 1 slice of sausage, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) diced onion and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of shredded cheese.
9. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are crisp and light brown and cheese is melted.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site