Sherry Pork Saute
- serves 6
2 pork tenderloins, sliced ¼-inch thick on the bias, each slice about 2 ounces/57 grams
Flour, for dredging
¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
½ cup dry sherry (125 ml)
1 tsp sweet paprika (5 ml)
handful large green Spanish olives
⅓ cup whipping (35%) cream (75 ml)
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, to tasteAlmond Crunch
1 egg white
½ cup sliced almonds (125 ml)
Grated zest of 1 orange
1 tsp sugar (5 ml)
1. Dredge pork slices lightly in flour. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium high. Fry pork slices, cooking 3 to 4 pieces at a time depending on size of pan. Fry for 2 minutes per side until just golden and still pink in centre. Remove pork from pan and transfer to a plate. Repeat process until all pork slices are cooked, adding more olive oil to the pan if dry.
3. Return same pan to medium high heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute until just golden. Add sherry, paprika, olives and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce for 2 to 3 minutes just to develop flavour and thicken sauce slightly.
4. Transfer pork back to sauce and continue to cook for 1 minute until pork is just cooked through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with Almond Crunch.Almond Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk the egg white by hand until frothy. Add sliced almonds, orange zest, sugar and salt. Toss to combine well. Transfer to a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper and spread mixture out into a single layer. Bake in oven until golden and crisp, about 15 to 20 minutes until golden and crisp. Cool. Sprinkle over pork as garnish.