Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad
- prep time 10 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 2
2 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt
The other ½ garlic clove
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon malt vinaigre
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and black pepperSkinny Chicken Caesar Salad
1 chicken breast, skinless
2 heads baby romaine lettuce
4 thin slices baguette on the diagonal
1 medium free-range egg (to soft boil) at room temperature
handful of arugula and 1 box mustard cress
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
A little olive oil to brush onto the toast before crisping in hot oven
½ medium garlic clove
1. To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir together with a vinaigrette whisk. Taste and season before setting aside.Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad
1. Brush the chicken with a little olive oil.
2. On a hot chargrill grill pan pan, seal the chicken breast for 5 minutes before flipping over and doing the same on the other side.
3. Whilst the chicken is searing, prepare the melba toasts. Place the slices of baguette on an oven tray. Lightly rub a small garlic clove and brush on a little olive oil.
4. Once you have strong chargrill grill marks over the chicken breast on both sides, cover your pan with foil and place into the hot oven on the higher shelf for 15 minutes.
5. Place the chicken breast, skin side up in the ingredients it asks for skinless chicken breast, in a heat-proof -dish and place on the same oven tray for 15 minutes until crisp and golden (for the melba toast), and cooked through in the case of the chicken. If there isn’t enough room on the shelf for both of these at the same time, place the chicken on the top shelf and the toast underneath.
6. Meanwhile, wash the lettuce and stand spin in a colander to dry.
7. Carefully drop the egg in boiling water for 4 minutes exactly. Empty the boiling water out of the pan and replace it with cold water. Let the egg stand in the cold water whilst you finish the recipe.
8. Put the washed and dried salad leaves into a big bowl with the dressing. Toss for a couple of minutes to make sure that all the leaves are coated. Add the shaved/ grated parmesan and cress or rocket. Toss once again.
9. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool enough to handle before slicing on the diagonal.
10. Plate up the salad, making sure that the chicken is evenly distributed.
11. Tuck the crispy croutons on the side of the salad and add half a soft boiled egg. Finally crunch? over some black pepper and serve.