Sliced Ostrich Flavoured with Cedar Jelly served on an Oyster Mushroom and Pink Berry Coulis
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 ostrich steak (from the outer part of the leg) grilled on charcoal
1 cup oyster mushrooms
1 tsp pink berries
1 ½ cup ostrich gravy
¼ cup cooking cream
¼ cup red wine
3 Tbsp cedar jelly
¼ Tbsp ground pepper
1. Stir-fry oyster mushrooms and shallots in very hot extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Add the pink berries.
3. Add the red wine and boil down to half of the original quantity.
4. Add all other ingredients and simmer at low heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. Mix togehter with the cooking cream until well blended.
6. Decorate with a cedar branch.
7. Serve with a beet risotto or rosemary-seasoned duchess potatoes with a pink peppercorn garnish.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site