Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Rice and Broccoli
- prep time15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
1 tsp Canola Oil
tsp Prepared Garlic in a Jar
3 lb(s) (1350 gms) Lean Pork Loin Roast
1 can Cola or Orange or Ginger Ale (355 ml)
1 cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Molasses
¼ cup Cider Vinegar
¼ cup Blackberry Vinegar (Or any other fruit vinegar you have on hand)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
1 cup Apricot Jam (All fruit variety)
2 -3 Broccoli Florets
1/8 Tsp (Pinch) Mrs. Dash Table Blend
1 ½ cup Basmati Rice
3 cup Water
1. Take out Equipment and ingredients.
2. The night before: Heat oil in a large stove-top fry pan at medium heat. Finely chop onion and add to pan as you chop.
3. Add garlic to pan.
4. Sauté until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Meanwhile: Place pork loin roast in slow cooker. Pour the following ingredients over the roast in this order: Cola, ketchup, brown sugar and molasses. Stir.
6. Add cider vinegar, blueberry vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, apricot jam, and apricots to bowl. Stir and pour over roast.
7. Pour one can of Coke over roast (optional). Add sautéed onions to slow cooker. Store overnight in the fridge.
8. In the morning: Return centre crock with cover to the outer crock and set on low heat.
9. When you get home for supper: Rinse broccoli in colander. Place in microwave-safe pot or casserole with lid. Cover and microwave at high for 3 minutes then let stand.
10. Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot or casserole. Cover and microwave rice at high 10 minutes, then medium 10 minutes. Let stand.
11. When timer rings for rice, add spice to broccoli, stir and re-heat one additional minute.