- prep time15 min
- total time 21 min
- serves 0
These are so easy to make, you can whip up batches as required during a party. Sliced hot dog wieners curl up as they bake to resemble “spiders” with twisty legs.
Courtesy of Jennifer Low
As many hot dog wieners as you need to feed your party guests
Same number of small hamburger buns as wieners
condiments for burgers such as ketchup and mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or foil.
2. To cut wieners so they will cook into “spiders”, begin about an inch down from one end of each wiener, use small sharp knife to cut along the length of the wiener into halves, then make two lengthwise cuts into each half, making 6 “legs” total. Try to make each “leg” the same thickness. The wieners should be intact at one end and have with 6 “legs” dangling from it.
3. Put sliced wieners in bowl. Add drizzle vegetable oil (1 tsp for every 4 wieners) and toss to coat weiners.
4. Splay wieners onto lined baking sheets by spreading “legs” out like spokes from the intact end of the wiener. You can fit 4 to 5 wieners onto each baking sheet. Bake on middle racks of oven for 6 minutes, or until “legs” curl up and wieners look lightly roasted.
5. Tuck wieners into hamburger buns. Set out with self-serve hamburger condiments. Makes as few or as many Spider Burgers as you require.