Spinach Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
Daphna Rabinovich Canadian Living Cooks
1 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, finely, chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
½ tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, yolk
¼ tsp salt
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch pepperThe Chicken Breasts
6 chicken, breasts
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add spinach, parsley and basil; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and moisture evaporates. Let cool completely.
4. In bowl, mix spinach mixture, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, egg yolk, salt, nutmeg and pepper.The Chicken Breasts
1. Using sharp knife, bone chicken, leaving skin attached. Gently loosen skin from 1 long side of each breast, leaving skin attached at curved side.
2. Stuff about 1/4 cup (50 mL) stuffing under skin, pressing to spread evenly. Tuck ends of skin and meat underneath.
3. Place on greased rack in foil-lined pan. Brush with butter. Bake in oven, basting occasionally, for about 35 minutes or until golden and chicken is no longer pink inside.