Spinach Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, finely, chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, yolk
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch pepperThe Chicken Breasts
6 chicken, breasts
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add spinach, parsley and basil; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and moisture evaporates. Let cool completely.
4. In bowl, mix spinach mixture, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, egg yolk, salt, nutmeg and pepper.The Chicken Breasts
1. Using sharp knife, bone chicken, leaving skin attached. Gently loosen skin from 1 long side of each breast, leaving skin attached at curved side.
2. Stuff about 1/4 cup (50 mL) stuffing under skin, pressing to spread evenly. Tuck ends of skin and meat underneath.
3. Place on greased rack in foil-lined pan. Brush with butter. Bake in oven, basting occasionally, for about 35 minutes or until golden and chicken is no longer pink inside.