Sweet Potato Vichyssoise
- prep time1 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 6
Try this thick and creamy sweet potato soup, made extra rich with the addition of yoghurt.
2 Tbsp butter
6 cup diced peeled sweet potato
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced ginger, root
4 cup vegetable stock
2 cup milk
⅓ cup plain yoghurt
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook sweet potatoes, garlic, onion and ginger, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
2. Pour in stock; bring to simmer.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
4. Transfer soup, in batches, to blender or food processor; purée until smooth.
5. Transfer to large bowl.
6. Whisk in milk.
7. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until chilled. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 12 hours).
8. Ladle into chilled bowls.
9. Garnish with dollop of yogurt.