Trish Magwood's Beef Fondue
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 cups vegetable oil (500 mL)
2 pounds tender cut beef, such as tenderloin cut into bite size cubes (1Kg)
32 About 32 8-inch bamboo skewersAioli
¼ cup mayonnaise (50 mL)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice (10 mL)
1 pinch Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to tasteSesame soy sauce
¼ cup soy sauce (50 mL)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (25 mL)
1 ½ tablespoons honey (20 mL)
2 tablespoons water (25 mL)
½ tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (2 mL)
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (5 mL)
1. Skewer cubes of meat onto bamboo skewers. In a large saucepan heat vegetable oil to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Carefully transfer the hot oil into the fondue pot. Test oil with one skewer of beef, oil should sizzle and meat brown when oil is hot enough.
2. Cook beef skewers, 3-4 at a time in hot oil until desired doneness.
3. Place a slice of bread on a small side plate. When you take the meat out of the hot oil, place it onto the bread so that it absorbs the excess cooking oil
4. Serve with aioli, sesame-soy and Dijon mustard for dipping.Aioli
1. Add ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until combined.Sesame soy sauce
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together. Stir until combined.