Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
7 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
1 pound elbow macaroni
3 cups coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1 ⅓ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons Truffle Oil
4 tablespoons Truffle paste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 3-4 quart gratin dish or other shallow baking dish.
2. In saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat. Add flour and cook roux, whisking, 3 minutes. Add milk whisking and bring to a boil. Add mustard, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes.
3. In a pot of salted boiling water cook macaroni until just al dente, about 7 minutes, and drain well. In a large bowl stir together macaroni, sauce, Cheddar, 1 cup Parmesan, truffle oil and paste transfer to prepared dish.
4. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan evenly over macaroni. Cut remaining 1-tablespoon butter into bits and scatter over topping.
5. Bake macaroni in middle of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.