Turkey Meatloaf with Goat Cheese, Baby Potatoes, Mixed Beans
- prep time 15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
2 pounds (900g) ground turkey
½ teaspoon fresh pepper, pinch of salt
½ cup breadcrumbs (fine)
2 teaspoons prepared garlic
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 tablespoons Tandoori curry paste
100 grams unripened or soft goat’s cheese
¼ cup plum sauce
¼ cup peach jam
½ teaspoon curry powder
15 to 20 baby potatoes (plus 12 for Roti)
Butter (optional)Mixed Beans
500 grams mixed frozen beans
1 teaspoon olive oil (or butter)
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, garam masala and Tandoori curry paste in large bowl. Mix well.
3. Between 2 pieces of waxed paper press this mixture to form a rectangle ¾ inches thick and the width of the meatloaf pan. (use the pan as your guide)
4. Remove top piece of waxed paper.
5. Slice goat cheese in half, roll each piece with the palm of your hand until round and both pieces together fit on the narrow end of the rectangle of ground turkey mixture.
6. Using the bottom piece of waxed paper begin rolling up the meat, starting with the cheese side and pulling off the waxed paper as you go. Once it is completely rolled, press into meatloaf pan so it fits.
7. Combine plum sauce, peach jam and curry powder to make chutney. Spread over top of loaf.
8. Bake loaf in hot oven. Set timer for 30 minutes.
9. When timer rings, wash potatoes and place in large pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a slow boil. Set timer for 10 minutes. When timer rings, remove potatoes for Roti. Continue to cook potatoes until tender.
10. Drain potatoes and add a little butter if desired. Serve together once meatloaf is fully cooked.Mixed Beans
1. Sauté bean blend with olive oil, lemon pepper and soy sauce.
2. Keep tossing until glazed and tender.