Turkey Taco Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 4
1 ½ pounds Cooked ground turkey (1 1/2 lbs or 675 g) reserved from Tuesday
1 tablespoon chili powder
red kidney beans (drained) (398 mL) use brown beans if you really hate kidney beans
1 cup chunky salsa
1 bag washed Romaine lettuce
3 Roma tomatoes
3 green onions
1 ripe avocado (optional)
1 cup grated low-fat Cheddar cheese (250 mL)
⅓ bag tortilla chips (133 g)
1 cup chunky salsa (250 mL)
1 cup fat-free sour cream (250 mL)
1. To the pre-cooked ground turkey, add chili powder, beans and salsa.
2. This mixture can be heated in microwave, just before serving.
3. Place 1 cup of lettuce in each portable container.
4. Slice tomatoes, green onions and avocado and let everyone add what they want to their own container.
5. Grate cheese.
6. Distribute hot taco sauce over centre of each salad and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle over top.
8. Add salsa and sour cream, if you like.
9. This is the first part of Fright night. Part 2 will be the Mexican burgers in the freezer. Make sure they have been taken out to defrost