Warm Artichoke and Parmesan Dip
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 jar jar (6 oz/170 ml) marinated artichokes
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup 35% real whipping cream
1 package (8 oz/ 250 g) cream cheese, cubed
1 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Canadian parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh basil
sliced baguette, toasts or crackers
1. Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tbsp (30 ml) marinade.
2. Finely chop artichokes; set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook garlic and onion, stirring, for about 5 min or until golden. Add cream and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 min or until slightly reduced. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in artichokes and reserved marinade. (Can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days).
4. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
5. Stir 1/3 cup (75 ml) of the Parmesan and basil into artichoke mixture; transfer to shallow 4-cup (1 L) oven-proof serving dish and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
6. Bake for about 20 min or until hot and bubbling.
7. Serve with sliced baguette, toasts or crackers.